McCallie celebrated the work and accomplishments of five outstanding student-athletes on the opening day of the NCAA signing period. Six young men signed to continue their athletic careers in college this fall.
McCallie’s signees Wednesday were:
- Shawn McColley (Austin Peay State, football)
- Jaylan Nowell (Cumberland, football)
- Giovanni Reviere (Purdue, football)
- Robert Riddle (Mercer, football)
- Tyrik Stewart (Tennessee, football)
- Drew Viscomi (Northwestern, soccer)
Wednesday’s signing day celebration was held in the recently renovated “Cage” athletics meeting room in the bottom floor of Davenport Gymnasium, with the athletes joined by teammates, friends and family and several local media members.
Varsity soccer coach Chris Cushenbery and varsity football coach Ralph Potter spoke of how proud they were to see these young men achieve the goal of college athletics. Coach Potter urged all the athletes to keep working hard on the playing field and in life to achieve even bigger goals in the future and show others how special McCallie men can be.