On Thursday, April 19, 2018, the TEPS leadership organization at McCallie inducted 18 students for membership in the sophomore leadership organization for the 2018-19 school year during an induction ceremony in the Chapel.
TEPS is the school’s leadership organization for sophomores who have demonstrated spirit, service and leadership on campus. These characteristics are seen on athletic teams, on musical stages, in clubs, in organizations, in publications or in the theater.
The group is named for Dr. Thomas Edwards Peck Woods who taught at McCallie and served as associate headmaster from 1921 to 1948. During his time at McCallie, Dr. Woods’ name was synonymous with spirit, service and leadership, and TEPS exists to recognize and nurture those values.
The newest members of TEPS are:
- Sammy Barr, San Antonio, Texas
- Jack Braman, Lookout Mountain, Georgia
- Austin Gentle, Chattanooga
- Jack Gentle, Chattanooga
- Morgan Haynes, Chattanooga
- Benjamin Niehaus, Chattanooga
- Jason Nuttle, Rogers, Arkansas
- Caleb Olumofin, Pine Bluff, Arkansas
- Daulton Payne, Bremen, Georgia
- Pax Poggi, Chattanooga
- Elijah Senior, Riverdale, Georgia
- Morgan Shaw, Chattanooga
- Daevyn Maurya Smith, Georgia
- Strib Stribling, Lookout Mountain, Tennessee
- Jake Tremain, Lookout Mountain, Georgia
- Alex Whitworth, Dalton, Georgia
- Alex Williams, Ooltewah, Tennessee
- Frankie Zahrobsky, Signal Mountain, Tennessee
Upper School counselor Will Honeycutt and science teacher Callie Burns are the faculty advisors for TEPS.