Keo-Kio, McCallie’s preeminent senior leadership organization, welcomed 12 new members from the Class of 2018, inviting juniors to join the group in a Chapel ceremony April 10, 2017.
The senior leadership organization honors students for their leadership, service and loyalty to the school and its abiding principles.
One of the school’s oldest organizations, Keo-Kio is instrumental in planning annual events such as the winter semi formal dance, Duck Day, community service projects and supporting new campus activities. The group also raises funds and distributes them to events and efforts made by other organizations at the school.
The 13 new inductees, including seven boarders and six day students, are:
- Dewayne Bingham, Chattanooga
- Xavier Brooks, Ooltewah, Tenn.
- Andrew Cook, Birmingham, Ala.
- Chris Duncan, Lookout Mountain, Tenn.
- Graham Hartness, Chattanooga
- Jack Jestus, Chattanooga
- Will Klein, Ashland, Ky.
- John Knox, North Augusta, S.C.
- Allen Liu, Chattanooga
- Logan Russell, Nassau, Bahamas
- Grant Smith, Charleston, Tenn.
- Hugh Steel, Chattanooga
The McCallie School is an all-boys boarding and day school founded in 1905 in Chattanooga, Tennessee, with 938 students in grades 6-12 from 20 states and eight countries.