For the ninth year, the Duck Day Golf Tournament was a huge success both in terms of participation and funds raised.
|Andrew Forrester '01, Brandon Waters '00, Derek Steele and Mark Harrell were the top foursome of the 30 teams participating in the 2017 Duck Day Golf Tournament on May 9 at Council Fire Golf Club.|
With a full field of 120 golfers on a beautiful day at Council Fire Golf Club on May 9, the 2017 event was the largest ever, and more than $26,000 was raised to benefit the Duck Day Scholarship Fund to help a talented Chattanooga boy attend McCallie. Since the beginning of this event, almost $150,000 has been raised.
For the second year in a row, the team of Andrew Forrester '01, Brandon Waters '00, Derek Steele and Mark Harrell were the top foursome of the 30 teams participating. Will Haisten '96, Nick Wilkinson '96, Michael Garvich '96 and Ryan Coulter '96 finished second in the tournament.
The closest to the pin winners were Sam Lynch '03 and Brandon Waters '00, and Greg McGuire '84 won the Polen Putt-Off, named in honor of Tripp Polen '99. All proceeds from the putting contest will benefit the Jim Mancke Fund at McCallie, which is an Endowment for the Support of the Counseling Program.
The Duck Day Golf Tournament will return in 2018, so mark your calendar for early May and look for more information in the near future on how to take part in this fun and important event for McCallie.
The following companies and individuals generously sponsored the 2016 Duck Day Golf Tournament, making this event possible:
- Bancorp South, Jim Farrar '72
- Bright Star Care, Rick Collett '87
- Brock Insurance, John '09 and Ramsey '03 Brock
- Card-Monroe Corporation, Zach Monroe '03
- Carter Distributing Company, Inc., Chase Carter '01
- The Chattanoogan Hotel, Tom Cupo, parent of Tom '04 and James '09
- Clyde's on Main, Mike Monen '92
- Coca Cola Bottling Company United, Inc.
- Hal Daughdrill '73
- Dynamic Group, Roshan Amin '02
- Flegal Insurance, Rob '90 and Will '92 Stiles
- Franklin Architects, Bob Franklin '78
- Goodhew and Sockwell, Jim Markley, parent of Max '10 and John '12
- The Haisten Group, Will Haisten '96
- Haren Insurance, Kyle Haren '89
- The Keith Corporation
- Lawson Electric, Mark Fullam '79
- Lawson Winchester, Dan Norton '99
- M&M Industries, Inc., Glenn Morris '82
- McCamish, Cooper & Dyer, KC Dyer '99
- Mountain View Auto Group, Clay Watson '92
- Ocoee Oral Surgery, Hunter McCord '00
- Oracle Wealth Management, Ameriprise Financial, Jimmy '88 and Jeff '91 Scotchie
- Ward Petty '80
- Platinum Financial Funding, Matt Hamilton, parent of Trey '21 and Drew '23
- Raines Brothers, Inc., Jimmy Lail '80 and Dave Hammel
- RSS Insurance, Trey Powell '04 and Charlie Rowland '69
- Maximus Jones Raynor Foundation, Ted Raynor, parent of Chase '23
- T.S. Raulston, Inc., John Raulston '79
- Robert Siskin '59
- SunTrust Banks, Inc., Jim Vaughn
- Taimen Transport, LLC, Derek Steele
- Trident Transport, LLC, Mark Harrell
- Uberchem Corp, Brent Smith, parent of Taylor Smith '08
- United Healthcare, Wes Brown '74
- Village Volkswagen, Brad Cobb '86
- Waters-Holland, Brandon Waters '00
- Winxnet, Sean Gallaher, parent of Reece '20